My conference adventures continue. This go-round, I want to talk about Engage.
Held about two weeks ago and focused on, “The Science of Social,”at Engage NYC leading social marketers from top global brands shared how they built insight-driven social strategies to optimize their social content, care and advertising. Innovators in social provided insights on how they push the boundaries of what’s possible. Also shared were the latest insights and product news from the conference host, Socialbakers.
This was my second year attending and although the weather sucked, I had to make my way to the Skylight Modern venue in Chelsea to learn about what metrics to use to optimize my social marketing, the numbers behind the best social campaigns and, most important to me, the science behind how social care affects brands’ engagement.
Global brands Lenovo and TUI detailed how they have transformed their organizations by creating a shared understanding of social performance around common goals, metrics, and KPIs. Turkish Airlines’ explained the #WidenYourWorld campaign. Additionally, PSG expressed how they used insights to target a global community of fans and followers and turn them into more than fans.
Here were some key take-aways:
- Know who you are as a brand and listen to those who follow you.
- Engaging isn’t just likes and shares; it’s how you build stories with your customers’ help.
- One of the pillars of social care planning and execution is the social hub. It’s a place, a team, a frame of mind, a content news room to follow up on customer inquiries, campaigns and events. It also can serve as a a co-working training room.
- Customers that are engaged via social customer care will spend 40 percent more dollars.
- When creating your proactive campaign, you should include thematic, target-specific content.
- Exclusive content gets people engaged.
- If you serve your customers well, you will get rewarded.