Last year, I had a blast attending Mashable’s Social Good Summit. I gained so much personal and professional insight from global thought-leaders, made new friends and blogged about the whole thing. Surely, I am looking forward to this year’s event which will kick off on the 22nd here in NY.
Since 2010, the Social Good Summit has generated increasing attention and excitement, as a dynamic, open-to-all counterpoint to New York’s U.N. Week and the opening of the United Nations General Assembly. According to organizers, “this year, something unprecedented will happen at the gathering of bloggers, press, celebrities, world leaders, youth, CEO’s, non-profits and everyday citizens sharing ideas on how to tackle global problems using social media.”
*mysterious music plays*
Apparently, I will be able to find out more about what this means and how it will work during an all-access, on-the-record telepresser today at 11:00 am ET.
This year’s Social Good Summit partners include:
- Stacy Green, Head of Marketing and Communications, Mashable
- Henry Timms, Deputy Executive Director, Strategy, Content and Innovation, 92Y
- Elaine Weidman Grunewald, VP, Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility
- Kate James, Chief Communications Officer, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Sigrid Kaag, Assistant Secretary General and Director of Bureau for External Relations and Advocacy, UNDP
- Kathy Calvin, CEO, UN Foundation
- Aaron Sherinian, VP, Communications and Public Affairs, UN Foundation (Moderator)
Go here for the latest on the Social Good Summit…